Its really important that we think about the damage caused by wearing high heels. We women love wearing high heels, unfortunately they can cause nail trauma, blisters, corns, calluses, knee and back pain and just general misery.
So, how can we enjoy wearing high heels without causing the damage?
1. Try keeping the high heels for that special occasion or special event, limit the wear time to around 3 to 8 hours.
2. High heels come in different shapes and sizes. Heel height should be no more than 4 to 5 cm and they really shouldn’t be so high you have trouble walking!
3. Short and simple! To look more relaxed and elegant wearing heels you need to slow down, take smaller steps and shorten your stride.
4. Shop Smartly! Spend some time checking the fit before you buy. Most of us buy too small. High heels still need that all important half inch of space in the shoe beyond the longest toe to avoid damage.
5. Give your feet a little extra attention, exercise the calf, heel and foot muscles by stretching them out. Give them a gentle soak and then smooth massage. Then lie back in your favourite chair and relax with your feet up!